The Humboldt Amateur Radio Club is offering a class to prepare students for the Federal Communication Commission’s Amateur Radio Technician license examination.
The Technician Class license is the entry-level license for Amateur Radio
The class will introduce radio and electronic fundamentals, tips on operating station equipment, procedures for communicating with other Hams, license and operating regulations and radio safety.
Following the class, students will be able to become licensed Amateur Radio operators after successfully passing the FCC license test. See FCC Amateur Radio License Exams for more information about local exam dates and locations.
For more information on the class, contact Don Campbell, (707) 834-0042.
New Class Starting Monday, March 13, 2023
- This class will meet via Zoom.
- The class will meet for 9 Mondays from 7:00 to 9:00 PM beginning Monday, March 13, and concluding on Monday, May 15.
- The class is free of charge and open to all members of the community.
- To get your Zoom meeting invitation or for more information on the class, contact Don Campbell at
(707) 834-0042, or by email at email@example.com.
Students are encouraged to purchase the textbook used for the class - ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 5th Edition, available from the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Store at:
https://home.arrl.org/action/Store/Product-Details/productId/2003373064 for $32.95 plus shipping for spiral bound.
Study Guides and Handouts for this class are available for view and download. [Click Here]
You must be logged in to post a comment.