The Humboldt Amateur Radio Club is offering a class to prepare students for the Federal Communication Commission’s Amateur Radio Technician license examination.
The Technician Class license is the entry-level license for Amateur Radio
The class will introduce radio and electronic fundamentals, tips on operating station equipment, procedures for communicating with other Hams, license and operating regulations and radio safety.
Following the class, students will be able to become licensed Amateur Radio operators after successfully passing the FCC license test scheduled on Saturday, November 21st, in the Fortuna.
For more information on the class, contact Don Campbell, (707) 834-0042.
Class Starting Monday, September 14, 2020
- Due to COVID-19 concerns, the class will not be conducted in person but as a series of Zoom meetings.
- The class will meet for 10 consecutive Mondays from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- The class is free of charge and open to all members of the community.
- Following the class, the FCC license test is scheduled for Saturday, November 21, at 10:00 AM in the Fortuna Fire Department Meeting Room, 320 South Fortuna Boulevard.
- To get your Zoom meeting invitation or for more information on the class, contact Don Campbell at (707) 834-0042, or by email at email@example.com.
Students are encouraged to purchase the textbook used for the Class. The book is The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 4th Edition, available from the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) for $32.95 plus shipping. The book may be purchased at the following web site;
A limited number of books will be available at the class.