The Humboldt Amateur Radio Club is offering a class to prepare students for the Federal Communication Commission’s Amateur Radio Technician license examination.
The Technician Class license is the entry-level license for Amateur Radio
The class will introduce radio and electronic fundamentals, tips on operating station equipment, procedures for communicating with other Hams, license and operating regulations and radio safety.
Following the class, students will be able to become licensed Amateur Radio operators after successfully passing the FCC license test. See FCC Amateur Radio License Exams for more information about local exam dates and locations.
For more information on the class, contact Don Campbell, (707) 834-0042.
New Class Starting Monday, September 13 2021
- This will be presented as a hybrid class, with both in-person and Zoom meetings..
- The in-person sessions will be held at the Humboldt Bay Fire Training Room at 3030 L St. in Eureka.
- Due to continuing Covid-19 concerns, seating will be limited.
- The class will meet for 10 consecutive Mondays from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- The class is free of charge and open to all members of the community.
- To get your Zoom meeting invitation or for more information on the class, contact Don Campbell at (707) 834-0042, or by email at email@example.com.
Students are encouraged to purchase the textbook used for the Class. The book is The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 4th Edition, available from the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) for $32.95 plus shipping. The book may be purchased at the following web site:
A limited number of books will be available at the class.
Study Guides and Handouts for this class are available for view and download. [Click Here]