The Humboldt Amateur Radio Club is offering a class to prepare students for the Federal Communication Commission’s Amateur Radio Technician license examination.
The Technician Class license is the entry-level license for Amateur Radio
The class will introduce radio and electronic fundamentals, tips on operating station equipment, procedures for communicating with other Hams, license and operating regulations and radio safety.
Following the class, students will be able to become licensed Amateur Radio operators after successfully passing the FCC license test. In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, in consideration of the safety of both local Volunteer Examiners and test-takers, a decision has been made to suspend HARC-coordinated in-person testing until conditions change. In the meanwhile, those seeking to take FCC Amateur Radio License Exams are encouraged to explore the option of Remote Testing.
For more information on the class, contact Don Campbell, (707) 834-0042.
New Class Starting Monday, March 8 2021
- Due to COVID-19 concerns, the class will be presented as a series of Zoom meetings.
- The class will meet for 10 consecutive Mondays from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- The class is free of charge and open to all members of the community.
- Following the class, an FCC license test will be scheduled. Details TBD.
- To get your Zoom meeting invitation or for more information on the class, contact Don Campbell at (707) 834-0042, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are encouraged to purchase the textbook used for the Class. The book is The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 4th Edition, available from the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) for $32.95 plus shipping. The book may be purchased at the following web site:
A limited number of books will be available at the class.
Study Guides and Handouts for this class are available for view and download. [Click Here]