FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Humboldt Amateur Radio Club is offering a class to prepare students for the Federal Communication Commission’s Amateur Radio Technician license examination.
- The Technician Class license is the entry-level license for Amateur Radio.
- The class is free of charge and open to all members of the community.
- The class will be held inthe HARC Meeting Room at the Eureka Municipal Auditorium, 406 11th Street, the corner of 11th and E Streets.
- The class begins at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, September 10, 2018.
- The class will meet for 10 consecutive Mondays from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- The class will introduce radio and electronic fundamentals, tips on operating station equipment, procedures for communicating with other Hams, license and operating regulations and radio safety.
Students are encouraged to purchase the textbook used for the Class. The book is The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 4th Edition, available from the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) for $29.95 plus shipping. The book may be purchased at the following web site;
A limited number of books will be available at the class.
Following the class, students will be able to become licensed Amateur Radio operators after successfully passing the FCC license test scheduled on Saturday, November 17, in the Humboldt Bay Fire Training Room on 6th Street between C and D Streets in Eureka.
For more information on the class, contact Don Campbell, (707) 834-0042.